Join the Team
Research Manager – UK Office
About the Company
Here at Headspace we're on a mission to get as many people in the world as possible to take 10 minutes out of their day, to practice a simple and easy-to-learn meditation technique. We offer audio guided meditations via the web or smartphone apps. Our goal is to train subscribers to make mediation a life-long skill. This is meditation for modern life – simple, scientifically proven techniques, that you can use every day to experience a healthier and happier mind.
We are a small team but rapidly growing team of 25 based in London and LA.
This is an opportunity not only to join a highly successful early stage company, but to play a critical part in our expansion, show off your scientific acumen, grow with a team, and make a difference in the world along the way.
As a Research Manager, your role will broadly be responsible for two work streams. The first stream is day-to-day interaction with the growing list of universities around the world who are using Headspace as their intervention tool to study mindfulness and its effects and benefits.
The second stream is to design and execute our own internal research studies. These will be in support of our innovation and development roadmap, and so the focus here is less about statistically significant publishable findings, and more about answering questions that help us develop an even more effective system of learning.
Role & Responsibilities:
Critical competencies for your role include:
* Study/Trial design – robust experience in how best to structure studies to answer cutting-edge scientific questions
* Demonstrable project management skills – An eye for detail and execution that gets the project done, right to the end.
* Belief in the power of meditation and the Headspace product. Exemplify passion for the Company by embracing and modeling Headspace’s guiding principles
* People skills – you will be responsible for day-to-day interaction with researchers in the world’s leading academic institutions
* Internal Communication – the science behind meditation is integral to everything we do, so you will need to be able to translate science into meaningful insight for every other function within Headspace
* Forward Thinking – challenges self, team and customer to think beyond the frontiers of today’s knowledge
* Champion of Headspace – exemplify passion for Headspace by embracing and modeling Headspace’s guiding principles
* Articulate with strong presentation skills
* Energetic, Charismatic, Knowledgeable, Approachable
* Fit for fast-growing environment - must be a self-starter with excellent problem-solving skills, able to take on challenges and creatively deliver results.
* Strong interpersonal skills. Excellent problem solving and organizational skills.
* Must be flexible and resourceful, able to respond to diverse workloads/schedules while achieving the highest quality standards
* Demonstrated ability to multi-task while working independently in a fast paced environment.
Experience & Expectations
* PhD (minimum Masters) from an accredited college or university.
* You will work with and report to the Chief Medical Officer, but will be expected to bring your own experience and intelligence to bear on helping with this critical part of Headspace’s future growth
* You should be deeply interested in pushing back the frontiers of the psychology and neuroscience of mindfulness and the contemplative practices.
* Reporting line: reports to Chief Medical Officer, based in UK
* Direct reports: 0 initially, may grow over first 24 months
* Compensation: £28,000
SOCIAL MEDIA MARKETING MANAGER - LOS ANGELES OFFICE
This role will lead our social media marketing initiatives, based in Los Angeles. The individual will work closely with the founders to develop an online presence to market our services and drive traffic to the following Headspace products:
· Online Subscriptions
· Content development
· Corporate programs (a combination of the above)
All marketing activities will enable the goal of creating a world-class content creation and lifestyle brand.
CRITICAL COMPETENCIES FOR YOUR ROLE INCLUDE:
· Belief in the power of meditation and the Headspace product. Exemplify passion for the Company by embracing and modelling Headspace’s guiding principles
· Social media expert – a deep knowledge of major social networks and successful marketing techniques
· Forward Thinking – challenges self and team
· Team Collaboration - create a collaborative working environment where the notion of “team” comes before discipline
THE FOLLOWING ELEMENTS ARE SPECIFIC TO YOUR ROLE:
· Become an expert on the uses and benefits of our products
· Ideation – lead the company’s efforts in social media marketing solutions, including developing and maintaining the Headspace community.
· Use your marketing expertise to position Headspace consistently as the leading meditation brand
· Develop and maintain a comprehensive social media strategy to support the brand’s lead generation and sales goals
Represent Headspace at industry conferences. Assist in planning and coordinating Headspace events produced for our corporate clients.
· Develop strong relationships BOTH internally and externally.
o Internal Relationships that: Improve collaboration, create chemistry and stimulate marketing that works
o External Relationships that: Establish an environment of trust and respect and facilitate solutions for a wide array of customers.
· Stay abreast of client business/current issues and social media marketplace trends
· Ability to create a strong connection with the UK team as well as the US and UK PR agencies to make sure marketing strategies are aligned.
· Model Headspace principles
Has demonstrated success in early stages of career
Articulate with strong presentation skills
Energetic, Charismatic, Knowledgeable, Approachable
Fit for fast-growing environment - must be a self-starter with excellent problem- solving skills, able to take on challenges and creatively deliver results in an unstructured environment. ·
Strong interpersonal skills
· Must be flexible and resourceful, able to respond to diverse workloads/schedules while achieving the highest quality standards
Excellent problem solving and organizational skills
Demonstrated ability to multi-task while working independently in a fast paced environment.
BS/BA degree from an accredited college or university and 3-5 years experience in social media, community management and/or public relations
· Demonstrated experience and a passion for social media (i.e., Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, Foursquare, Flickr, blogs, wikis, RSS, social bookmarking, discussion forums and community software)
· Experience with creating and identifying quality social media content, including launching email campaigns
· Experience with online monitoring and measurement platforms including but not limited to Omniture, Facebook Insights, YouTube Insights, Google Analytics, HootSuite, TweetDeck, and Social Mention.
· Data, analytics, and metrics oriented
IF THIS ALL SOUNDS UP YOUR STREET, THEN WE’D LOVE TO HEAR FROM YOU!
Please just send a ‘bit about yourself’ and your CV along with the role you're applying for in the subject line to email@example.com.
Applicants must have the legal right to work in the US.
We'll aim to get back to successful applicants as soon as possible. Thanks!